It is strongly prohibited to bathe your rabbit. But in some particular cases, you must clean them.
Since the bunny is a sensitive pet, you should not use any harsh material to clean them. Even you should not use any cat or dog shampoo for your bunny.
You could bathe your bunny in some cases. Obviously, not regularly. But you have to be careful. Just wash the back and abdominal part of your bunny.
Anyway, In this article, I will share how you can wash your bunny without affecting them from my practical experience. Also, I have added a brief review of the best rabbit safe shampoo and deodorizer.
Best Rabbit Safe Shampoos and Deodorizers review
Here is a quick review of the best rabbit safe shampoo and Deodorizers.
1. Citrus Magic Foaming Pet Cleanser
If you are looking for a fragrance-free foaming cleanser for your bunny, you could try this Citrus Magic Foaming Pet Cleanser. It is an enzyme-based cleanser that instantly removes the odor from your rabbit’s coat.
Since it doesn’t need any water, this is a highly recommended product in this list.
2. Kaytee Quick & Clean Small Animal Shampoo Spray
If you are looking for an instant shampoo for your bunny, you could try this Kaytee Quick & Clean Small Animal Shampoo Spray. You don’t need water to use this shampoo.
3. Arm & Hammer Tearless Shampoo for Small Animals
If you are looking for a rabbit safe shampoo, especially for removing dirt, this Arm & Hammer Tearless Shampoo is for you. This is specially formulated to clean the fur and skin of bunny and other small animals.
4. Kaytee Squeaky Clean Critter Shampoo 8-Ounce
If you are looking for a mild odor shampoo for your bunny, you could use this Kaytee Squeaky Clean Critter Shampoo. This comes with baby powder fragrance and the fragrance is not very strong.
How can you wash your bunny safely?
You could wash your bunny’s body except for the head portion (including neck).
To wash your bunny’s body, you could follow the process.
- Choose a sunny day to wash your bunny.
- Take regular water in a bowl to wash your bunny. Never use too hot or too cold water to clean your bunny.
- If you are not an expert in handling bunny, you could take help from other people. Make sure that you hold your bunny correctly because bunny doesn’t love to take a shower. So, they will try to escape from your hand.
- Then, use the rabbit safe shampoo quickly. Please mix the shampoo with normal water previously. Then gently rub the bunny’s body and complete it quickly.
- Next, use a towel to wipe their body perfectly. Then keep your bunny in a warm place.
What should I consider before buying a rabbit safe shampoo and deodorizer?
A rabbit safe shampoo must be free from toxic and harsh material. Also, it should be additive-free.
It would be better if you use something that is made from natural ingredients.
Exclusively made for bunny
You should not use human shampoo for your bunny. They are not safe at all.
Rabbit is a sensitive pet. If they become sick, it is very tough to recover. Even they could die in some worse cases. So, beware of human shampoo. Use only the rabbit safe shampoo.
We are at the end of our short but important article. I hope you have got a clear idea about cleaning your bunny. You could choose any shampoo from this list. All of them are rabbits safe and specially formulated for the bunny.
Share your thoughts in the comment box. Happy bunny parenting!
Alex is a full-time pet lover and part-time Biologist. He is a proud parent of a cat and two rabbits. It’s his childhood dream to rescue endangered animals and make the world better for living. Alex starts this blog to share his thoughts, experience to help passionate pet lovers and hobbyists. Stay blessed!