Since the bunny is a sensitive pet, you should not use any harsh material to clean them. Even you should not use any cat or dog shampoo for your bunny.
You could bathe your bunny in some cases. Obviously, not regularly. But you have to be careful. Just wash the back and abdominal part of your bunny.
Anyway, In this article, I will share how you can wash your bunny without affecting them from my practical experience. Also, I have added a brief review of the best rabbit-safe shampoo.
Best Rabbit Safe Shampoos
Here is a quick review of some of the finest rabbit-safe shampoo and Deodorizers.
If you are looking for a fragrance-free foaming cleanser for your bunny, you could try this Citrus Magic Foaming Pet Cleanser.
It is an enzyme-based cleaner that instantly removes the odor from your rabbit’s coat. Since it doesn’t need any water, this is a highly recommended product on this list.
- Enzyme powered cleanser
- Instantly work
- Very easy to use
- No need for water
- Made from natural ingredients
If you are looking for an instant shampoo for your bunny, you could try this Kaytee Quick & Clean Small Animal Shampoo Spray. You don’t need water to use this shampoo.
- No-rinse shampoo for bunny
- Long-lasting fresh smell
- Baby powder fragrance
- Safe for the bunny and other small animals
- Deodorize the rabbit’s coat and skin as well as remove the dirt from the fur
If you are looking for a rabbit safe shampoo, especially for removing dirt, this Arm & Hammer Tearless Shampoo is for you. This is specially formulated to clean the fur and skin of bunnies and other small animals.
- Tearless shampoo for bunny
- Clean the dirt quickly
- Neutralized the odor
- pH balanced shampoo for bunny
If you are looking for a mild odor shampoo for your bunny, you could use this Kaytee Squeaky Clean Critter Shampoo. This comes with a baby powder fragrance and the fragrance is not very strong.
- Tearless and pH balanced rabbit safe shampoo
- Remove bad odor instantly
- Your bunny will look shiny and soft after using
- Long-lasting Baby powder fragrance
How Can You Wash Your Bunny Safely?
You could wash your bunny’s body except for the head portion (including the neck).
To wash your bunny’s body, you could follow the process.
- Choose a sunny day to wash your bunny.
- Take regular water in a bowl to wash your bunny. Never use too hot or too cold water to clean your bunny.
- If you are not an expert in handling bunny, you could take help from other people. Make sure that you hold your bunny correctly because the bunny doesn’t love to take a shower. So, they will try to escape from your hand.
- Then, use the rabbit-safe shampoo quickly. Please mix the shampoo with normal water previously. Then gently rub the bunny’s body and complete it quickly.
- Next, use a towel to wipe their body perfectly. Then keep your bunny in a warm place.
What Should I Consider Before Buying a Rabbit Safe Shampoo?
A rabbit safe shampoo must be free from toxic and harsh material. Also, it should be additive-free.
It would be better if you use something that is made from natural ingredients.
Exclusively made for bunny
You should not use human shampoo for your bunny. They are not safe at all.
Rabbit is a sensitive pet. If they become sick, it is very tough to recover. Even they could die in some worse cases. So, beware of human shampoo. Use only the rabbit-safe shampoo.
Is Dog Shampoo Safe for Rabbits?
No, dog shampoo is not safe for rabbits. Even other harsh shampoo and cleanser like cat shampoo is not recommended for the rabbit.
Should You Bathe a Pet Rabbit?
No, you should not bathe your pet rabbit. Rabbit vets always discouraged the pet owner to bathe their bunny. It may cause severe illness to your bunny.
Can You Use Human Shampoo on Rabbits?
No, you should not use human shampoo on the bunny. Because the human shampoo may contain harsh ingredients that may cause irritation on the rabbit skin.
Can You Give a Bunny a Bath with Baby Shampoo?
No, you should not bathe a rabbit with the baby shampoo. Like the human shampoo, the baby shampoo is not allowed for the bunny because they are sensitive to the bunny skin.
We are at the end of our short but important article. I hope you have got a clear idea about cleaning your bunny. You could choose any shampoo from this list. All of them are rabbits safe and specially formulated for the bunny.
Share your thoughts in the comment box. Happy bunny parenting!
Also read other blog
Finding a custom-sized cover for your rabbit hutch is not easy indeed! Because there is no hard and fast rule about the sizing of the rabbit hutch. However, the available hutch covers are only sold...
Rabbits have a very sensitive diet. You should not give them sugary foods as regular food. Hay, moderate amounts of pellets, and water are the regular foods of bunnies. Treats (sugary items) are...